Not all compatible and remanufactured toner cartridges are re-created equal. It’s important to understand the methodology and warranty. CRS Printek developed its proprietary process in 1987, and continues to improve upon it each year. Before you buy compatible or remanufactured toner cartridges, be sure to ask your vendor the following questions. You are going to find that quality is in the details.
Request in Writing
- Catalogs, Brochures, or Product Sheets
- Price List or Quote
- Written Warranties/Guarantees
- Customer References or Testimonials
Ask Your Vendor
5. How are your toner cartridges remanufactured (i.e., are they completely disassembled and cleaned or simply refilled)?
ANSWER: To assure that our cartridge meets or exceeds it’s original quality output, CRS Printek compatible toner cartridges are completely disassembled, cleaned, and inspected, replacing worn parts, such as toner, drums, PCR, wiper blades, recovery blades, doctor blades, bushings, and other parts.
6. What percent of sold product are returned with defects and how do you track that percentage?
ANSWER: To guarantee reliability of your cartridge, CRS Printek monitors each cartridge returned for possible warranty in our computer and tracks the causes for all returns by our computerized Reject Reports. CRS Printek’s field defect rate ranges from 0-2% , depending on the cartridge manufacturer. We outperform original manufacturers cartridges, because their published defect rates are noted at 1-3%.
7. How are your empty toner cartridges chosen to remanufacture?
ANSWER: All empty toners are meticulously analyzed, sorted and graded. Because of this critical step, only premium empty cartridges are used to ensure optimal quality.
8. What are your quality standards?
ANSWER: To assure you see no difference in appearance from your original cartridge printout, CRS Printek toners are tested using Standardized Test Methods Committee (STMC) programs and use original factory specifications as our benchmark for print out quality standards.
9. What procedures are implemented to guarantee quality?
ANSWER: CRS Printek toners are created using a two-step process to assure quality of our components and our finished product. First, vendor components and toner are qualified using American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) testing methods. Secondly, each and every cartridge is 100% post tested using industry standard print tests to assure print quality and cartridge performance.
10. Do your cartridges meet or exceed original factory specifications and how do you determine that?
ANSWER: CRS Printek compatible toner cartridges are configured with toner, drum and other parts to meet or exceed OEM specifications using industry specific ASTM testing methods.
11. Do your cartridges come with a warranty?
ANSWER: Yes, CRS Printek offers a Double Guarantee. Not only do we warrant our product to be free from defects until the cartridge is empty, but we also warrant any repair deemed to be caused by our cartridge. See our Double Guarantee.
12. Do you have customer references or testimonials?
ANSWER: Yes, our customers can’t stop talking about CRS Printek. Note our testimonials throughout the website.